cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Suresh Anaparti <Suresh.Anapa...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: How to create a multiple GPU passthrough offering
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2021 06:37:15 GMT
There is no provision to specify GPU count through service offering.

Regards,
Suresh

On 13/08/21, 11:52 AM, "SVI" <jcapagcuan@svi.com.ph> wrote:

    Sorry, I’m not sure I follow. So right now, my XCP-NG hypervisor detects 8 GPU cards
(Tesla K80). I added a compute offering with passthrough as vgpuType and I was able to successfully
create an instance and passthrough 1 gpu. I was able to validate this as well in the guest
VM. I was actually hoping that in the createServiceOffering API that there’s a GPU count
(just like cpu count) so whenever I use that compute offering it will passthrough that no.
of GPU count in the guest VM.

    Thanks,
    Irvin

> On Aug 13, 2021, at 1:48 PM, Suresh Anaparti <Suresh.Anaparti@shapeblue.com> wrote:
    >
    > May be, you can try this out-of-band. Check / test with the following - stop VM,
add GPUs and start VM from the hypervisor.

    > Regards,
    > Suresh
    >
    > On 13/08/21, 10:31 AM, "SVI" <jcapagcuan@svi.com.ph> wrote:
    >
    >    Hi Suresh,
    >
    >    I’m using Cloudstack 4.15.1 and XCP-NG 8.2.0 as the hypervisor host. Does this
means that multiple GPU passthrough to 1 guest VM is not supported at the moment? What could
be my other options here? I have a requirement for multiple GPUs in 1 VM that’s why I’m
looking for this solution.

    >    Thanks,
    >    Irvin
    >

    >> On Aug 13, 2021, at 12:31 PM, Suresh Anaparti <Suresh.Anaparti@shapeblue.com>
wrote:

    >> Hi Irvin,
    >>
    >> The compute service offering in CloudStack currently supports 1 GPU specification
(using createServiceOffering  API through 'serviceofferingdetails' parameters, with the keys
pciDevice and vgpuType for GPU card and vGPU type respectively), and so 1 card is created
for a VM.

    >> You can find some documentation here:
    >>
    >> - http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/adminguide/virtual_machines.html#assigning-gpu-vgpu-to-guest-vms
    >>
    >> - http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/adminguide/service_offerings.html#creating-a-new-compute-offering
    >>
    >> May I know the CloudStack release and Hypervisor version you are testing.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Suresh
    >>
    >> On 13/08/21, 7:03 AM, "SVI" <jcapagcuan@svi.com.ph> wrote:
    >>
    >>   Hi,
    >>
    >>   I was able to create a GPU passthrough offering but at the moment it’s 1
VM = 1 GPU passthrough. I have 8 GPUs in my hypervisor and technically I can create 8 instance
with 1 GPU passthrough each. What I want to do now is to create at least 2 GPU to be passthrough
1 guest VM. I can’t see any configuration or document to do that as of the moment, is there
a hidden API (I checked already the service offering API and doesn’t say much) that is out
there to do this?