cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Suresh Anaparti <Suresh.Anapa...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: How to create a multiple GPU passthrough offering
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2021 05:48:00 GMT
May be, you can try this out-of-band. Check / test with the following - stop VM, add GPUs and
start VM from the hypervisor.

Regards,
Suresh

On 13/08/21, 10:31 AM, "SVI" <jcapagcuan@svi.com.ph> wrote:

    Hi Suresh,

    I’m using Cloudstack 4.15.1 and XCP-NG 8.2.0 as the hypervisor host. Does this means
that multiple GPU passthrough to 1 guest VM is not supported at the moment? What could be
my other options here? I have a requirement for multiple GPUs in 1 VM that’s why I’m looking
for this solution.

    Thanks,
    Irvin

> On Aug 13, 2021, at 12:31 PM, Suresh Anaparti <Suresh.Anaparti@shapeblue.com> wrote:
    >
    > Hi Irvin,
    >
    > The compute service offering in CloudStack currently supports 1 GPU specification
(using createServiceOffering  API through 'serviceofferingdetails' parameters, with the keys
pciDevice and vgpuType for GPU card and vGPU type respectively), and so 1 card is created
for a VM.

    > You can find some documentation here:
    >
    > - http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/adminguide/virtual_machines.html#assigning-gpu-vgpu-to-guest-vms
    >
    > - http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/adminguide/service_offerings.html#creating-a-new-compute-offering
    >
    > May I know the CloudStack release and Hypervisor version you are testing.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Suresh
    >
    > On 13/08/21, 7:03 AM, "SVI" <jcapagcuan@svi.com.ph> wrote:
    >
    >    Hi,
    >
    >    I was able to create a GPU passthrough offering but at the moment it’s 1 VM
= 1 GPU passthrough. I have 8 GPUs in my hypervisor and technically I can create 8 instance
with 1 GPU passthrough each. What I want to do now is to create at least 2 GPU to be passthrough
1 guest VM. I can’t see any configuration or document to do that as of the moment, is there
a hidden API (I checked already the service offering API and doesn’t say much) that is out
there to do this?