cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 4.15.2.0
Date Sat, 21 Aug 2021 11:06:38 GMT
Great thanks all, looks like we all think doing a quick and stable 4.15.2.0 would be a good
idea. Any volunteers for RM? I'm happy do it or help the volunteer as well.

Regards.
________________________________
From: Nicolas Vazquez <Nicolas.Vazquez@shapeblue.com>
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2021 6:15:47 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org <dev@cloudstack.apache.org>; users@cloudstack.apache.org
<users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] 4.15.2.0

+1

Regards,

Nicolas Vazquez

________________________________
From: Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2021 7:54 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org <dev@cloudstack.apache.org>; users@cloudstack.apache.org
<users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: [DISCUSS] 4.15.2.0

All,

I want to kick a thread to discuss and gather interest from the community on doing a 4.15.2.0
release, before Nicolas (our RM) cuts 4.16.0.0 RC1 around the end of Sept '21.

We can keep the scope really tight to include only important fixes, I see about 50 closed
issues/PRs already on the 4.15.2.0 milestone and some 30 remaining:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/milestone/20

I'm hoping the 4.15.2.0 release can be a quick stable minor release, I can do it and any other
volunteer RM may do it. Whoever does it, here's my proposal is:

  *   Limit the scope to very specific do-able bug-fixes up to end the month - so gives us
roughly 2 weeks
  *   Cut RC1 in the first week of Sept
  *   Assuming the RC1 would be stable enough as 4.15 branch is quite stable, worst case we've
another RC2
  *   Conclude release work by mid or end of Sept before 4.16.0.0 RC1 is cut; so 4.15.2.0
release work doesn't cause delay for 4.16.0.0

Thoughts?

Thanks and regards.