cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From SVI <jcapagc...@svi.com.ph>
Subject Re: How to create a multiple GPU passthrough offering
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2021 06:21:09 GMT
Sorry, I’m not sure I follow. So right now, my XCP-NG hypervisor detects 8 GPU cards (Tesla
K80). I added a compute offering with passthrough as vgpuType and I was able to successfully
create an instance and passthrough 1 gpu. I was able to validate this as well in the guest
VM. I was actually hoping that in the createServiceOffering API that there’s a GPU count
(just like cpu count) so whenever I use that compute offering it will passthrough that no.
of GPU count in the guest VM.

Thanks,
Irvin

> On Aug 13, 2021, at 1:48 PM, Suresh Anaparti <Suresh.Anaparti@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>
> May be, you can try this out-of-band. Check / test with the following - stop VM, add
GPUs and start VM from the hypervisor.

> Regards,
> Suresh
>
> On 13/08/21, 10:31 AM, "SVI" <jcapagcuan@svi.com.ph> wrote:
>
>    Hi Suresh,
>
>    I’m using Cloudstack 4.15.1 and XCP-NG 8.2.0 as the hypervisor host. Does this means
that multiple GPU passthrough to 1 guest VM is not supported at the moment? What could be
my other options here? I have a requirement for multiple GPUs in 1 VM that’s why I’m looking
for this solution.

>    Thanks,
>    Irvin
>

>> On Aug 13, 2021, at 12:31 PM, Suresh Anaparti <Suresh.Anaparti@shapeblue.com>
wrote:

>> Hi Irvin,
>>
>> The compute service offering in CloudStack currently supports 1 GPU specification
(using createServiceOffering  API through 'serviceofferingdetails' parameters, with the keys
pciDevice and vgpuType for GPU card and vGPU type respectively), and so 1 card is created
for a VM.

>> You can find some documentation here:
>>
>> - http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/adminguide/virtual_machines.html#assigning-gpu-vgpu-to-guest-vms
>>
>> - http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/adminguide/service_offerings.html#creating-a-new-compute-offering
>>
>> May I know the CloudStack release and Hypervisor version you are testing.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Suresh
>>
>> On 13/08/21, 7:03 AM, "SVI" <jcapagcuan@svi.com.ph> wrote:
>>
>>   Hi,
>>
>>   I was able to create a GPU passthrough offering but at the moment it’s 1 VM =
1 GPU passthrough. I have 8 GPUs in my hypervisor and technically I can create 8 instance
with 1 GPU passthrough each. What I want to do now is to create at least 2 GPU to be passthrough
1 guest VM. I can’t see any configuration or document to do that as of the moment, is there
a hidden API (I checked already the service offering API and doesn’t say much) that is out
there to do this?