cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ivan Kudryavtsev <i...@bw-sw.com>
Subject Re: How to add additional local storage pools on KVM
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2021 09:05:07 GMT
Hi, you cannot have multiple local storages for a single host (however it
would be great if it is supported, but not yet).

There is one real-life workaround basically:

1. you add a single host to a single cluster (e.g. C1)
2. you export storage pools from the host as NFS filesystems with scope
"Cluster" to the same cluster (e.g. C1)
3. tag them appropriately like SSD, HDD, etc.

it works, but it's ugly and it has overhead which is introduced by NFS.
Multiple local storage pools would be great to have...