cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From David Jumani <David.Jum...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: How to add additional local storage pools on KVM
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2021 07:00:54 GMT
Hi,

You can specify the path to a local directory on the host (which can be mounted) in the agent.properties
file

local.storage.path=/mnt/path

As for multiple storage locations on a single host, I'm not sure whether it is supported
As a workaround, some of the hosts could mount the ssd and the rest the hdd and assign tags
to the host and the service offerings.
CloudStack will match those tags and bring up the VM on the appropriate host
________________________________
From: Michael Bru?k <mail@mib85.de>
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2021 7:55 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: How to add additional local storage pools on KVM

Hi,

how is it possible to add additional local storage pools to KVM hosts?
As per documentation (and observations) when adding a new KVM host to a zone, where "use local
storage for client vms" is enabled, CS automatically creates a new filesystem based local
storage pool under /var/lib/libvirt/images.
We would like to use two additional local storages for different purposes (ssd-raid for realtime/hot
data and hdd-raid for archive data) on each host (cluster with upto 8 hosts).
We are aware of that live migrations are not functional when using local storage, but we want
to use already existing CloudStack installation (and all our processes around) for this special
project.

Regards,
Michael