cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From David Jumani <David.Jum...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: How to add additional local storage pools on KVM
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2021 09:10:51 GMT
A brief description can be found in the agent.properties file

# local storage path, by default, it's /var/lib/libvirt/images/
#local.storage.path=/var/lib/libvirt/images/

>From my experience this needs to be set before adding the host to cloudstack (if not,
remove it, change the setting and re-add it)
This won't be overwritten, however cloudstack will use a shared pool if the zone is not set
to use local storage

Use of local storage in cloudstack can be controlled by the use.local.storage setting
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/installguide/configuration.html#configuration-parameters

About the ssd and hdd scenario, If that's the case, the local.storage.path can point to either
the ssd or hdd partition and tag the host and offerings accordingly

________________________________
From: Michael Bru├čk <mail@mib85.de>
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2021 2:12 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: How to add additional local storage pools on KVM

Hi Davide,

thanks for replay.
Is there some documentation available about this setting?
When should this be set - before or after the host has been added to CS?
If before, how to make sure this will not be overwritten by the agent setup process?

> some of the hosts could mount the ssd and the rest the hdd and assign tags to the host
and the service offerings.
This is not possible, since each host has one local SSD- and one HDD-raid, those it can't
be mounted from/to other hosts (maybe via NFS, but this would result in a weird design)
Regards,
Michael
        -----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----