cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Corey, Mike" <mike.co...@sap.com.INVALID>
Subject RE: Console Proxy & VMware 7
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2021 16:00:36 GMT
To add a little more context.

In the cloud.log of the console proxy vm I see the error "(WebSocketConnectReadThread-124:null)Error
on connection to websocket: No subject alternative names matching IP address <ESXi host
IP> found".

My console proxy is setup using a wildcard SSL certificate.  For example when I go to the
console url provided in the management-server.log "Compose console url" (example: https://<public-IP>.<domain
suffix>/resource/noVNC/vnc.html?autoconnect=true&port=8080&token=jBwbg4....guest=windows<https://%3cpublic-IP%3e.%3cdomain%20suffix%3e/resource/noVNC/vnc.html?autoconnect=true&port=8080&token=jBwbg4....guest=windows>)
my wildcard SSL cert is valid.

I honestly don't know what the console proxy behavior was prior to the 4.15.1 or ESXi 7 upgrades.
 I don't understand why it is looking for a SAN for the ESXi host IP.

Also, for the record, I did destroy and recreate the system VMs after the upgrades so they
should be running the correct version of the system vms.

Thanks!

Mike

From: Corey, Mike <mike.corey@sap.com.INVALID>
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2021 10:51 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: [CAUTION] Console Proxy & VMware 7

Hi,

I am running ACS 4.15.1 and it was originally configured with ESXi 6.7 hypervisor.  I recently
upgraded to ESXi 7 and have noticed that console proxy is no longer working.

I CANNOT say for certain that the upgrade of the hypervisor caused this console proxy issue
though.  I CAN say that it was working in July (ESXi 6.7) - and the only change to the environment
that I am aware of is the VMware upgrade to version 7.

Could anyone out there verify they have console proxy access working with their VMware ESXi
7 hypervisor hosted VM instances???

Many thanks!

Mike

Mike Corey

Technology Senior Consultant, IT CS CTW Operation & Virtualization Service US

SAP AMERICA, INC. 3999 West Chester Pike, Newtown Square, 19073 United States

T +1 610 661 0905, M +1 484 274 2658, E mike.corey@sap.com<mailto:mike.corey@sap.com>

[cid:image001.png@01D79D8C.E3CB4210]