cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Bru├čk" <m...@mib85.de>
Subject How to add additional local storage pools on KVM
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2021 14:25:27 GMT
Hi,

how is it possible to add additional local storage pools to KVM hosts?
As per documentation (and observations) when adding a new KVM host to a zone, where "use local
storage for client vms" is enabled, CS automatically creates a new filesystem based local
storage pool under /var/lib/libvirt/images.
We would like to use two additional local storages for different purposes (ssd-raid for realtime/hot
data and hdd-raid for archive data) on each host (cluster with upto 8 hosts).
We are aware of that live migrations are not functional when using local storage, but we want
to use already existing CloudStack installation (and all our processes around) for this special
project.

Regards,
Michael