cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From James Steele <jsteele.em...@gmail.com>
Subject 'Infrastructure' then 'Hosts' in the webui not working
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2021 13:40:31 GMT
My setup: Ubuntu Server 20.04.2, MySQL Ver 8.0.26-0ubuntu0.20.04.2

I have been getting an error that when I click 'Infrastructure' then 'Hosts' in the webui
(http://ipaddress:8080/client/) the error message: '(X) For input string: " "' is shown briefly,
but the hosts are NOT listed. However the old web client works fine (http://ipaddress:8080/client/legacy/).

The boxes that have the error were upgraded from 4.15 to 4.15.1

I have just done a clean install on identical hardware straight to 4.15.1 and there are no
longer any errors.

People have suggested that system Locale may be a problem. However using the default locale
on the new install works fine (en_GB.UTF-8) and doesn’t need changing.

I don’t think locale is the issue now (for me anyway). I think the mysql database has either
been changed somehow during the original systems upgrade procedure. Or the 4.15 created database
is being accessed differently from the system that has been through the upgrade procedure
to 4.15.1

Hardware, setup with 4.15, then upgraded to 4.15.1
http://ipaddress:8080/client/#/host        = 'Hosts' tab in the webui BROKEN with error
http://ipaddress:8080/client/legacy/     = 'Hosts' tab in the webui is OK, lists all hosts
correctly

Hardware, setup clean with 4.15.1