cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Chris Jefferies <ch...@freeranger.com>
Subject Re: Will Cloudstack work with existing KVM server?
Date Sat, 14 Aug 2021 06:17:07 GMT
Thanks, Suresh, and thank you,Eric, for the clarification.  Glad I didn't go down the path
of installing only to find out I couldn't just have cloudstack read in my existing setup as
in virt-manager.

Any experience with other web UIs that might duplicate the functionality of virt-manager?
 I was also looking at VMDashboard - https://vmdashboard.org/

Thank you.

and installation details here: http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/installguide/hypervisor/kvm.html#host-kvm-installation
>     >
>     > Regards,
>     > Suresh
>     >
>     > On 13/08/21, 11:04 AM, "Chris Jefferies" <chris@freeranger.com> wrote:
>     >
>     >      I have an existing server running ubuntu 16.04 and it's been running KVM
for quite a while.  Mostly I use virt-manager GUI over xwindows to manage my VMs.  Looking
now for a web UI that can work with that.
>     >
>     >      Can Cloudstack be used as a remote manager, perhaps even running in a separate
VM instance, which is configured to manage the parent libvirt/qemu.
>     >
>     >      Can it discover the existing setup and be retrofitted with the existing
configs, storage pools (mostly LVM), etc.