cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Kachanov" <a...@intadev.com>
Subject Transcoders to PNG, GIF, JPG, WBMP
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2001 13:03:44 GMT
Hello!

I'm now working on a project that uses Cocoon to serve
web content for mobile devices, including WAP-phones, i-Mode,
J-Phone, EZweb, and PDA.

The text part of the content is generated from a single xml file
with stylesheets applied depending on requesting client. That was
the easiest part of the project.

Images are served from a single SVG-source file (created with Jasc
WebDraw program).

Cocoon already has PNG and JPG transcoders (svg2png and svg2jpeg).

I managed to develop a GIF Transcoder

But I'm stuck with WBMP transcoder. None of the codes that are available
in Interenet are able to create a grayscale image from full color
bitmap.

If anyone interested in this task, could you please contact me.

If we managed to make all these transcoders working, we would be able
to provide a free mobile solution to all developers.

with best wishes
Alexander Kachanov