cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lily Zou <lily....@redknee.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon's capacity
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 18:51:25 GMT
 Thanks a lot, Harry. Your advice is extremely helpful. By the way, can I
create private method within a xsp or xml page so that the size of main part
could be reduced ?

Lily

-----Original Message-----
From: Lai, Harry [mailto:HLai@coremetrics.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 10:48 AM
To: 'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Cocoon's capacity

Hi Lily,

This is actually a limitation in Java, not Cocoon.  Basically, you can't
have a Java method that's more than 65535 bytes
(http://java.sun.com/docs/books/vmspec/2nd-edition/html/ClassFile.doc.html#8
8659).

I'm a Cocoon newbie, but I think there's probably a way to pull some of your
code out into other methods, which would get you around this issue (unless
this is actually happening in the code generation process).  Could someone
else who knows more about Cocoon address this?  Thanks!

Harry