cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "lucas" <lpons.etra...@etra.es>
Subject RE: POST, create XML, and Upload
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2002 08:15:11 GMT
I had the same problem. Many other users suggest me to use something like
this :

<map:generate src="yoursrc">
	<map:parameter name="parameters" value="true"/>
	<map:parameter name="copy-parameters" value="true"/>
</map:generate>

but I think the parameters are not properly POSTed by this method. Finally I
have POSTed the parameter directly with the URLConection class of JAVA. This
class allows to connect to a URL resource (a page or some server side logic)
and creating a input and output stream with this resource. With the output
Stream, I can pass the parameter to the server logic (CGI...) in a POST
format.
I know there can be another smarter way to do it, but this was a fast
solution that I used after hours or fails.
?Does anobody knows how to do it just with Cocoon?

-----Mensaje original-----
De: therandthem [mailto:therandthem@luarsoft.com]
Enviado el: viernes, 04 de enero de 2002 1:46
Para: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Asunto: POST, create XML, and Upload

I have an XML database, not related to Cocoon, that performs inserts,
updates, or deletes by POSTing and XML document to a virtual URL.  With
Cocoon I need to have an HTML form collect info.  I need to create a
small, well-formed XML string (or document) and then POST it to the
database via http with a Content-type of text/xml.

I know how to collect data from the form and create the XML content.
How do I get it to my database after that?

Thanks for any help,

rmckinley@keystonelearning.com