cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: Cinclude file not found - why?
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 01:08:14 GMT

Hi Dan, don't know if you ever got this working, but...

Anyway, when you say "Apache", are you talking about the same Apache
that's running in front of Cocoon w/ the JK connector, or are you
talking about a different Apache (e.g., on a different host)?  If it's
the same Apache, then I'm not clear on your need to have Cocoon handle
the request for the .php resource by forwarding it back out to Apache
— why not have Apache just handle it in the first place?

Anyway, see below...

On Dec 12, 2006, at 5:10 AM, Dan Hertz wrote:

>> OK, so it is Cocoon handling the above browser request? What URI does
>> it use to "pass it off to Apache"?
>

> I have a sub-sitemap with the following:
>
> <map:match pattern="**getname.php*">
> <map:read
> src="getname.php{2}"mime-type="application/x-httpd-php"/>
> </map:match>

Can you show an example of a typical URI that you expect to match using
the above pipeline?

Also as someone else has pointed out, serving it w/ MIME type
application/x-httpd-php does not sound right...

> In Apache I have a
>
> SetEnvIf Request_URI "/*.php" no-jk
> SetEnvIf Request_URI "/myphp/*.php" no-jk

OK... (BTW, any special reason for using the jk connector?  A lot of
people think that just doing it at the HTTP level w/ mod_proxy is
cleaner.  I have never used mod_jk.  But that's probably a side
issue...)

> I just don't understand what the difference is between an
> iframe calling the URL (or typing it in the browser) -- which returns
> the expected result, and a cinclude which calls the external file
> (using http:// and
> not the cocoon:/ protocol) -- which does not.

Big difference between <iframe> and cinclude!!  An <iframe> says "Web
browser, create an area in the page display window and load it with atn
HTML document from this URI".  A cinclude says "Read an XML document
from this URI and incorporate that whole document tree as a subtree of
this XML tree at this location".  If it works in an <iframe>, then the
resource you are naming probably serves HTML — that is, a complete HTML
document, and I am guessing that a complete HTML document is not what
you want to include using cinclude... ???

HTH,
—ml—