cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.1.11 problem with JDK release versions above 255
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2021 15:11:42 GMT
On 28/06/21 09:48, Vincent Neyt wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I did a stupid thing, I posted to the user list without first subscribing, so I'm sending
my query again now that I am subscribed to the list. Sorry for the inconvenience!

> Since 2011 I've been using a build of Cocoon 2.1.11 (inside Tomcat 8) as the publishing
framework for my website. I've recently found out that Cocoon fails to start up when the installed
java version has an update number higher than 255. Things start up properly with Java SE
Development Kit 8u255 and lower, but fail to start up with Java SE Development Kit 8u256
and higher (for instance the current Java SE Development Kit 8u291).

> The error I get is
>
> Initialization Problem: Scheduler with name 'Cocoon' already exists.
>
> but it has cost me blood sweat and tears to find out that the underlying cause is the
Java update version number.

> Is there a line in a file in my Cocoon 2.1.11 build that I could change to get rid of
this error?

Hi Vincent,
I am afraid I cannot be of much help here, not using Cocoon 2.1 since quite some time.

Anyway, did you find anything more than just the line reported above? Any stacktrace?

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence