If closing ResultSets and Statements don't release memory, I think, that would be a bug. If you have a repro, I would file a bug in Jira and attach a test case.

Satheesh

simmi iyer wrote:
What I mean is ResultSet.close() in java is not
closing the cursors at database end. Because of that
RAM utilized keeps on increasing and at some point of
time "Out of Memory" error occurs.

As per Derby docs, cursors get closed at connection
commit. Is there a way to close cursors before commit?

thx

--- Daniel John Debrunner <djd@debrunners.com> wrote:

simmi iyer wrote:

Using network client driver to connect to network
server.

Using java threads to run parallel selects. RAM

used

goes up and after some time Network server throws

"Out

of Memory" error.

Obviously the cursors at database end are not

getting

closed when ResultSet is closed at the client end

java

code.

I understand from Derby docs that cursors by

default

get closed when  a commit is done on connection.

Is

there any other way of closing the database

cursors?

Maybe I'm not understanding what exactly you mean,
but can you just call
the close method? java.sql.ResultSet.close().

Dan.