db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "BALDWIN, ALAN J [AG-Contractor/1000]" <alan.j.bald...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: Record cannot be updated or inserted due to lack of space on the page
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 18:13:59 GMT
Thanks Mamta.  I was under the impression that those were runtime
properties, and we were trying to change them on the fly.  We have resolved
the issue using the Cloudsape workbench export/import data feature to create
a new database.  I might try tweaking these on some of the larger tables and
see what happens.

-Alan-

-----Original Message-----
From: Mamta Satoor [mailto:msatoor@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 12:10 PM
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: Re: Record cannot be updated or inserted due to lack of space on
the page

Alan, I don't have any tips on solving the problem you are encountering but
I did want to mention that the 2 properties derby.storage.pageSize and
derby.storage.pageReservedSpace should be set prior to CREATE TABLE or
CREATE INDEX statement. Setting these properties does not change the
exisiting tables or indexes. They apply to newly created tables/indexes. You
can find more about them in the Derby Tuning Guide at
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/tuning/rtunproper28026.html
<http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/tuning/rtunproper28026.html>  and
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/tuning/rtunproper40688.html
<http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/tuning/rtunproper40688.html>

Mamta

On 1/16/07, BALDWIN, ALAN J [AG-Contractor/1000]