db-derby-user mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com>
Subject Re: Derby in front of Oracle
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 21:12:06 GMT
Yes, this is possible; it's a mere matter of programming :)

It would seem to me you could do this in a number of ways.  You could
have a timestamp column in all of your Derby tables, and then query each
table to see what rows were modified since the last time you updated Oracle.

Alternately, you could write a trigger on insert/update/delete of each
table, which then logs the change to a "to-be-done" table.  Then you
simply select all the changes from the "to-be-done" table, apply them,
and then clean out the table.  This solution uses less time and is less
intrusive but requires more space.

David