db-derby-user mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <davi...@sonic.net>
Subject Re: error recovery
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 17:35:17 GMT
I'm assuming your talking with Derby using the network client JDBC
driver, and that Derby is running as a separate process that accepts
network connections?

If the server goes down, you'll get a disconnect exception and your
connection will be invalid.  There's nothing more you need to do.  Derby
cleans up (runs recovery) automatically on startup and then you just
reconnect.

Does that answer your question?

David