Hi,

I recently transitioned to a project where I am required to support an application that uses Derby and I get the following errors when I try to run simple SELECT queries on a TABLE.

For example SELECT * FROM ORDER WHERE ORDERID = 1 throws the following exception:

java.sql.SQLException: Restore of a serializable or SQLData object of class , attempted to read more data than was originally stored

and SELECT * FROM ORDER WHERE ORDERID = 2 throws the following exception:

java.sql.SQLException: Java exception: '-1: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException'.

I am using IBM Cloudscape Workbench to run the queries against the table. I am not sure if the workbench is not able to query the DB or if it is an underlying problem with the DB. If there is a way to directly query the underlying Derby DB (without using the workbench), please let me know. Any insight into why the queries are failing would be valuable.

Thanks,

Kal

This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. Please delete it and all attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail by you is strictly prohibited.

All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring, reading and archival by Monsanto, including its subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware". Monsanto, along with its subsidiaries, accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code transmitted by or accompanying this e-mail or any attachment.