db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John English <john.fore...@gmail.com>
Subject Inserting control characters in SQL
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:40:32 GMT
I have a DDL schema which I am processing using IJ. I want to insert a
row into a table containg a backspace character:

   CREATE TABLE foo (name VARCHAR(20), value VARCHAR(200));
   INSERT INTO foo VALUES('first',<bs>);

where <bs> is an actual backspace character. I foolishly tried CHAR(8)
but of course this doesn't do it. Obviously I could write a Java program
that does this, but this means reinventing the IJ wheel. Is there any
existing way to do this?

TIA,

  John English | My old University of Brighton home page is still here: