db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Pavel Bernshtam <jav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Warning when using Apache Derby
Date Sun, 27 Mar 2011 07:17:33 GMT
Thank you, Kristian,

I'm pretty sure that I receive this warning even on the first creation
of the database.
For example if I create the Spring bean of session factory in
@BeforeStatic of unit test.

And, what is very strange for me, I receive this warning again and
again on every exit from @Transactional method.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kristian Waagan <kristian.waagan@oracle.com>
To: derby-user@db.apache.org
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 14:02:38 +0100
Subject: Re: Warning when using Apache Derby
On 24.03.11 14:49, Pavel Bernshtam wrote:
Hi, I have a number of unit tests, which use Apache Derby in memory.
My connection url is: jdbc:derby:memory:srf.derby;create=true

I discovered that each time, when a method marked as @Transactional is
finishing, I receive a Derby warning

12:53:28:5328 [org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter] [main] WARN
- SQL Warning: 10000, SQLState: 01J01
12:53:28:5328 [org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter] [main] WARN
- Database 'memory:srf.derby' not created, connection made to existing
database instead.

Why is it? What I'm doing wrong?

Hello Pavel,

You get this warning because you have specified "create=true" in the
connection URL when connecting to an existing database.
You can:
 a) Ignore the warning.
 b) Create the database once, and then have the unit tests connect to
the existing database without specifying "create=true".
 c) Delete the in-memory database and re-create it for each unit test.
Deleting it is done by specifying "drop=true".

See also http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/InMemoryBackEndPrimer [1].

Regards,
--
Kristian

--
Pavel Bernshtam, Software Architect, Cadence Design Systems
+972-54-5583675,javaap@gmail.com