db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Schema does not exist
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 04:23:28 GMT
On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 5:27 PM, Bryan Pendleton
<bpendleton.derby@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/07/2011 04:35 AM, Prakash Jaya wrote:
>>
>> After creating the database with user name and password in eclipse , then
>> after restarting the server , when trying to access
>> the data it is saying schema does not exist.
>>
>> but before restarting the server i am able to access
>
> The most common cause of this is that you have used a relative,
> rather than an absolute, database name in your JDBC Connection URL,
> and the server is using a different current-working-directory
> when you ran it the second time, hence it is not finding
> the database that you created and used the first time.
>
> thanks,
>
> bryan

I am also wondering what exactly you mean by 'trying to access the
data'. Are you doing a select from a table that you created in the
first step? You may be connecting using a different user the second
time so the 'default' schema may be different, and you may either have
to set the schema to the one you want, or fully qualify the tables.
Can't tell more without more details.

Myrna