db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Interrupted derby connection thread
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 21:31:28 GMT
Egidijus Vaisnora <egidijus.vaisnora@nomagic.com> writes:

> Hello All,
>
> 	I got exception stating that " Connection closed by unknown
> interrupt.". I found that there was issue "DERBY-4640" but still is
> not clear for me, do I have chance to corrupt database by interrupting
> connection thread? Please, advice.
> 	I am using Derby 10.5.3 embedded derby.

Hi Egidijus,

I don't think we've seen databases getting corrupted by interrupts, but
in many cases interrupting a connection thread will bring the database
engine into a bad state, so that it appears badly broken. In those
cases, rebooting the database usually gets it up and running again with
all data intact.

The good news is that in the upcoming Derby 10.8 release, DERBY-4741
(Make embedded Derby work reliably in the presence of thread interrupts)
will be fixed, so that the database should not get into a bad state if a
connection thread is interrupted.

--
Knut Anders