Hello, all:

While executing a bunch of JUnit tests within the same JVM (all executed by IntelliJ IDEA) I started seeing strange and unexpected errors occurring.
Upon closer inspection, I noticed that in many of those tests tables with the same names are attempted to be created.
Then I realized that although Derby is shutdown and then re-created, the tables remain, thus causing collisions.

I've created a digest (attached) which is executed as one JUnit test to illustrate what I'm seeing.
The behavior I would expect is that once Derby is shutdown, no tables would remain in the JVM, and if a database (with the same name) is re-created, it would be a tabula rasa.

Can you please let me know whether my expectations are erroneous and whether I should find workarounds (albeit trivial to implement).
However, what would concern me in that case is that the tables and the data remain in the JVM, thus consuming memory
(and, if unused, creating memory leaks).

Thank you,

Pavel.

Jefferies archives and monitors outgoing and incoming e-mail. The contents of this email, including any attachments, are confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which it was addressed. If you are not the addressee of this email you may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever. This email may be produced at the request of regulators or in connection with civil litigation. Jefferies accepts no liability for any errors or omissions arising as a result of transmission. Use by other than intended recipients is prohibited. In the United Kingdom, Jefferies operates as Jefferies International Limited; registered in England: no. 1978621; registered office: Vintners Place, 68 Upper Thames Street, London EC4V 3BJ. Jefferies International Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.