db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John English <john.fore...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to Combine Apache Derby without installing with Jar Directly
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 17:08:06 GMT
On 07/01/2015 09:09, Varun Sawaji wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have application which was developed using Java and Apache Derby. I want to
> create executable JAR and run on any system which doesnot have derby DB.When I
> click on Jar file the derby also install on the system. Is it possible.

Just unjar derby.jar and include the result with your own classes in a new jar.
(Really annoying that nested jars aren't possible!)

For the DB itself, you'll need to either have a setup class that processes a
bunch of DDL statements to create and initialise the DB tables, or which unzips
a pre-created DB from a zip file inside the jar to a directory on the user's system.
--
John English