db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Alessandro Manzoni <manzoni.alessand...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby ERROR XSDB6
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2015 14:04:08 GMT
Il 30.10.2015 11.41, Peter Ondruška ha scritto:
> I've had exactly the same problem which has to do with Eclipse not
> being aware of embedded Derby specific way to shutdown. Eclipse only
> closes connection and database stays open. I solved this by running
> standalone Derby network server and connecting from Eclipse and
> application as network client.
One uncomfortable way I found is specifying shutdown=true connection
attribute (with user and password in case security is enabled. E.g.
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:dbname;shutdown=true"), but this
cannot be done from DatabaseDevelopment sql editor, you have to change,
even temporary, the connection properties and try to connect (even with
test connection).
I hoped there was another way, maybe changing the Connection object: