db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Godefroy <dgodef...@gexperthaiti.com>
Subject Using Derby as a network server
Date Sun, 07 May 2017 15:46:09 GMT
I am trying to use Derby as a network server. I have a network drive
mapped as Z: where the whole derby system is stored under z:javadb. I
have a z:/Derby/actif directory which contains the derby software. I
need that any computer can start the derby server and any other computer
can connect to it as a client. It seems that the computer strating the
derby server must start it as listening to 0.0.0.0. This works well on
the same computer. When I try to start another computer using the same
z: mapping it can not get to the derby server. According to what I
undrestand they can all start with 0.0.0.0 host name. Anyway on teh same
computer it works well.

--
Daniel Godefroy
Consultant en informatique de gestion