db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John English <john.fore...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating 2 derby tables error message interpretation
Date Tue, 23 May 2017 18:40:31 GMT
On 23/05/2017 15:14, Bob M wrote:
> The error message(s):
>
> mining routine finished
> simulation routine commenced
> simulation routine finished
> final prediction routine commenced
> Prediction_Trend: 0.0
> Current Trade Direction:
> debug: we get to here(8)
> final prediction routine finished
> Weka non-initialization successful
> Weka finished
> No. 2 - Initialize: false
> No. 2 - myCanTrade: false
> No. 2 - do_not_trade: false
> No. 2 - curr_trade_dir:
> No. 2 - prev_trade_dir: Down
> Inserted newest record:- Trading_Date/Trading_Time: 2017-5-23, 12
> Oldest record:- Trading_Date/Trading_Time: 2012-02-06, 6
> Deleted oldest record

Once again, none of this is generated by the code you posted...

> *Adding a new trade record Number: 4101
> *

Something very similar is generated by you code (but again, it's not
*exactly* the same)...

And here, you should probably print a stacktrace from the exception and
look at the line which generates the exception in your code (probably
the call to executeUpdate() -- but only you have that information).

And now you have two clues:
1) "The statement was aborted because it would have caused a duplicate
key value in a unique or primary key constraint or unique index
identified by 'SQL170412104646890' defined on 'TRADES'."

So, which constraint might have been violated? (Hint, again: give names
to your constraints.) And why might it have happened? (A stacktrace
might give you a clue, but since you didn't post one, that's something
you'll have to figure out.)

2) "Cannot close a connection while a transaction is still active."

Which connection is being closed, and why is there a transaction still
active at the time? (Again, a stacktrace might help to figure out where
and why this is happening.)

I'm sorry, but I can't spend any more time trying to understand your
problem until you make some more effort to understand your own problem.
What you've posted so far is certainly not enough for me to help any
further than I already have, but hopefully you'll be able to work it out
from the exception messages and the clues you've been given already.

--
John English