db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question on why I am getting a security exception calling SQLJ.INSTALL_JAR with Derby 10.14.2.0
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2018 01:01:52 GMT
Hi Brett,

I'm not sure what's going on with the mirrors. The cgi page is working
properly for me now, and it contains the release notes on that page.

http://db.apache.org/derby/releases/release-10.14.2.0.cgi

When you finally got the the right page, did it have the release notes on it?

Meanwhile, w.r.t. the permissions question, I think you are right
that DERBY-6987 is the source of your problems.

Can you change your startup procedures so that you specify a
security policy with the slightly looser permission that your application
requires?

Here's the docs on how to provide your desired security policy:
https://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.14/security/csecjavasecurity.html

thanks,

bryan