db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Zorro <hz0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installing Derby
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2018 09:31:00 GMT
On 11/28/18 4:07 AM, Bob M wrote:
> Hi
> Am following the instructions............
> All going well until I attempt to create my first database
>
> I receive the following message
> C:\>java org.apache.derby.tools.ij
> ij version 10.14
> ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:myFirstDBase;create=true';
> Wed Nov 28 15:55:44 NZDT 2018 Thread[main,5,main]
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: derby.log (Access is denied)
> what have I forgotten to do ?
> Bob M

Looks like derby cannot create the derby.log file.
Maybe a missing environment variable ?

Derby comes with a number of scripts in the bin directory.
You could try to start ij using the corresponding script ij/ij.bat.
The ij/ij.bat script will attempt to set the required environment variables.

Regards, Harm-Jan Z.