db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Hohl, Gerrit" <g.h...@aurenz.de>
Subject AW: Calling a java function from a trigger
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2019 06:52:27 GMT
Hello fkalim,
hello Rick,

just saw your discussion here and I guess the problem is maybe - without having tested it
- that you have to use the full qualified name oft the class including the package name.
Just by specifying the JAR and the class-name Derby / the class-loader shouldn't be able to
find the right class as the JAR might contain classes having the same name in different packages.

"Try the following (assuming that TestListener lives in the root of the package space):"
So the point Rick already mentioned maybe be the vital point here: Maybe your TestListener
isn't in the root (means you haven't any packages at all?).
Let's say your TestListener in the package my.project use my.project.TestListener instead.

Best regards,
Gerrit

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: fkalim <kalim2@illinois.edu>
Gesendet: Freitag, 13. September 2019 05:57
An: derby-user@db.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Calling a java function from a trigger

Thanks! I tried that first and got the following error. It was only after that that I went
down this path of trying to set derby.database.classpath.
Any ideas would be great!

SQL [CREATE TRIGGER  extract_keyword_trigger AFTER INSERT ON TEMP REFERENCING NEW AS newTable
FOR EACH ROW CALL extract_keyword(newTable.test) ]; No method was found that matched the method
call TestListener.capitalize(java.lang.String), tried all combinations of object and primitive
types and any possible type conversion for any  parameters the method call may have. The method
might exist but it is not public and/or static, or the parameter types are not method invocation
convertible or the derby.database.classpath property is missing or incorrectly defined.

--
Sent from: http://apache-database.10148.n7.nabble.com/Apache-Derby-Users-f95095.html