db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <apache....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DB web site migration from CMS
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2021 20:44:31 GMT

> On Feb 3, 2021, at 7:22 AM, Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have not been following this issue. I believe that Bryan put some effort into converting
the Derby website, but I don't know where that stands. A couple questions:

> 1) How much effort was required to migrate JDO?

Non-trivial. We decided to use github with actions and .asf.yaml on a brand new repository
with asciidoc as the source. Tilmann did most of the initial work and now there is a lot of
cleanup due to the fact that there are multiple sources for: db.apache.org <http://db.apache.org/>,
db.apache.org/torque <http://db.apache.org/torque>, db.apache.org/derby <http://db.apache.org/derby>,
as well as jdo.

> 2) Can we still manage our code repo with subversion?

This is above my pay grade. ;-)

Craig

> Thanks,
> -Rick
>
> On 2/2/21 11:26 AM, Craig Russell wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> private@db.apache.org in bcc...
>>
>> The JDO project is almost complete migrating the db.apache.org/jdo site from the
soon-to-be-retired CMS system to a new github site repo using GitHub Actions and .asf.yaml
to publish the site.

>> Infra wants to know what the plans are for the main site, Derby, and Torque to migrate.
>>
>> Craig
>>
>> Craig L Russell
>> clr@apache.org

Craig L Russell