directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Testing ApacheDS installers
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 09:44:25 GMT
> Hi guys,
>
> a quick update. The following installers have been tested, and the doco
> updated :
> - debian
> (http://directory.staging.apache.org/apacheds/advanced-ug/2.2.1-debian-instance-layout.html)
> - archive
> (http://directory.staging.apache.org/apacheds/advanced-ug/2.2.5-generic-instance-layout.html)
> - mac OS X
> (http://directory.staging.apache.org/apacheds/advanced-ug/2.2.3-macosx-instance-layout.html)
>
> The remaining installers have to be checked :
> - rpm (should be quite similar to the debian install)
> - windows (Kiran reported a slight issue in the conf, I'll fix it)
> - bin : this is a special one, and I tested t, but if you pick a
> different and non-existing path for installation, it will fail if you
> don't have the right to create those directory? It needs some fixing.
>
> All in all, it's moving forward...

So, after this week-end, the RPM installer is now working (I had to fix
the spec file which was not liked by rpmbuild on fedora), and teh RPM
doco is updated
(http://directory.staging.apache.org/apacheds/advanced-ug/2.2.1-rpm-instance-layout.htm).

Remains the windows installer, and a bit of reworking on the bin
installers. Will work on that on my free time (ie, mainly at night ;-)