directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Kerberos] Finding a new name for the new project
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 07:23:04 GMT
Well, I suspect the people of Kerberos had the same issue when they wanted
to opt for Cerberus, hence the wordplay....

We can do the same:

Geyron -> Keyron -> Keyronne -> Kairon -> Kaironne --> Kayrona -> etc

We have got the promise of a good product (re: Kerberos, but then in Java),
with the promise of a good story to tell (like the Kerberos story, but then
in Java, by the key players re Directory, RBAC, Authentication,
Authorization, Security, etc etc, by The ASF . So the promise of a good
name is also there.

All the aspects of a success in the making are there.

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional