directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Importing a backup of data
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2020 22:27:59 GMT

On 11/02/2020 14:40, Davies, Matt wrote:
> Thanks Emmanuel
>
> I've got to that bit, and I'm seeing loads of data now, much much better
>
> The only issue now is that it's not in the correct order, and it's failing creating items,
when their parent item hasn't been created yet but is further down in the file.

> We're not passing a -S option, but we are passing a -s, but I don't think that relates
to the order of the results, whilst -S does.

> Any ideas what switch to use to ensure the results follow the correct parent first pattern
so I can import it?

Sadly, there is no such option that enforces the ordering the way you
want. The only solution is to inject the file until it get accepted
fully, discarding the errors (ldapadd -c ...). Otherwise, you have to
massage the file 'by hand'.

Ldap is not necessarily funny...