drill-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: the interest list
Date Sat, 15 Sep 2012 12:06:25 GMT
To get started wtih JIRA, start here:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL

A very good JIRA to file is "build project web-site".  We can make that be
an umbrella of several smaller tasks and use it to document the process.

The first doc link to put on that JIRA is the incubator web site guide:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/sites.html

The process will be that helpers will need to check out the website from
SVN,  (not much there now!) and provide patches, hopefully in git format,
on the correct task JIRA.  Committers like me can quickly apply these
patches.

The URL for the SVN is http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/drill

The easy way to get started is to copy and paste a parallel projects
web-site.  It is no problem to have several iterations.

(this process guide email is a great candidate for a web-page)

(we should also request a wiki from the infrastructure guys)