drill-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Schemaless Schema Management: Pass per record, Per batch, or ?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 09:07:24 GMT
Detecting changes can definitely be done, but I question whether the
savings will be significant if the batches of records are sufficiently
large to dwarf the derived schema.  If the records are much larger than the
schema, then recording deltas will pretty much not help.

As such, I would think that staying simple first is a good thing.