drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Nadeau <jacques.dr...@gmail.com>
Subject Updates to logical operators
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 02:26:50 GMT
I've updated the logical plan syntax and operator list.  I've updated for
JSON operator definitions.  I've also moved away from the abstract notion
of explosion/implosion and nested operators because of the created
interdependencies between operators.  Instead, the logical plan provides
more clearly defined operators.  Theoretically, this could suggest a
substantial data redundancy between individual operators.  That being said,
I think this isn't an issue because of two reasons: 1) there is nothing
stopping the creation of a physical operator and associated planner rule
that converts multiple logical operators into a single physical operator
that does explode...implode-like stuff and 2) "quote marks" encoding could
be a key principle to our wire encoding scheme that minimizes pushing
around flattened duplicate data.  I'd love feedback on the set of logical
operators, especially those focused on aggregate/window frame/cogroup.  You
can check out the doc on google:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QTL8warUYS2KjldQrGUse7zp8eA72VKtLOHwfXy6c7I/edit

Thanks,
Jacques