drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Nadeau <jacques.dr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Another Introduction
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 03:12:12 GMT
Welcome to Drillland Jonathan!

It's great that you're interested in helping contribute to Drill.  We're
still early so there are lots of things to do.  What interests you?  It
would be great if you you could take a look at the doc that I just posted
and give any thoughts or feedback.  Also, what other components interest
you?  The main components of Drill are generally: SQL Query Parsing, Query
Planner/Optimizer and Execution engine.  In addition, there are the
pluggable components described in the query plan doc like storage engine,
aggregate and scalar functions, additional query parsers, etc.

Another way that you may be able to help out is to help start work on an
Accumolo storage engine implementation for Drill.  We still need to
determine the storage engine interface but I'm starting to sketch some
things out. Maybe you could start by watching DRILL-13 and helping out on
design review and discussion as that progresses.

Thanks,
Jacques