drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Nadeau <jacq...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Exception running order by in sqline
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 18:53:46 GMT
Two problems in this query.

First is you're sorting by a map field.  We don't currently direct map
field expressions.  You need to qualify to a particular scalar or repeated
field.

The second problem is that the current code requires resolution of a field
rather than using * when you're trying to reference it elsewhere.

therefore:
not supported: select * from "sample-data/region.parquet" order by 1 ; (map
keys are not currently referenceable and that is what this currently means)
not supported yet: select * from "sample-data/region.parquet" order by
_MAP['R_REGIONKEY'];  (known issue we should fix in m2 or m3)
supported: select _MAP['R_REGIONKEY'] from "sample-data/region.parquet"
order by _MAP['R_REGIONKEY'];