drill-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Becker <bbec...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: Canonical examples
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 18:22:36 GMT
TPC-DS is modeled after a retail product supplier.  I'm hesitant to use the
actual TPC-DS schemata though, since it's not optimized for concise
explanation (e.g. hungarian notation-esque column names).

I think the donut shop metaphor could be adapted to a similar set of
queries (they are both retail product suppliers, after all).  There are
still some subtle nuances though; for example, it may not make as much
sense for a donut shop to accept returns. :)

How about a hardware store (perhaps one that sells lots of drills)?