drill-dev mailing list archives

From Harri Kinnunen <Harri.Kinnu...@hitsaamo.fi>
Subject Re: Wiki pages clean-up
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2013 10:17:49 GMT
Ted,

thanks.

On Eclipse: I can build from command line.

And looks like I've got the latest in there:
Harris-MacBook-Pro:incubator-drill harri$ git log --pretty=format:"%h - %an, %ar : %s"
7af77a2 - Jacques Nadeau, 18 hours ago : Correct protocol root pom reference due
50d3a7e - Steven Phillips, 9 days ago : DRILL-228 maven submodule build fails at
ba631ac - Aditya Kishore, 8 days ago : DRILL-240: Add apache-rat-plugin to Eclip

Cheers,
-Harri

On 20.9.2013, at 11.51, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com>
 wrote:

> Nice work, Harri!
>
> Regarding eclipse, can you build from the command line?
>

> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 1:48 AM, Harri Kinnunen
> <Harri.Kinnunen@hitsaamo.fi>wrote:
>
>> Actually, looking at #3, the stuff there is really old.. :)
>>
>> However, building drill-root in Eclipse gives:
>> Failed to execute goal
>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.0:compile
>> (default-compile) on project drill-protocol: Fatal error compiling: invalid
>> target release: 1.7 -> [Help 1]
>>
>> Is this worth a Jira or is it just me? :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> -Harri
>>
>> On 20.9.2013, at 11.21, Harri Kinnunen <Harri.Kinnunen@hitsaamo.fi<mailto:
>> Harri.Kinnunen@hitsaamo.fi>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> All,
>>
>> I've put the pruned wiki pages into production:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DRILL/Apache+Drill+Wiki
>>
>> The rationale was to split the on content on "use case basis" (i.e.
>> 'install', 'use', 'compile', 'contribute', ...) and eliminate the duplicate
>> (and sometimes conflicting) content.
>>
>> Couple of items:
>> 1) Credit where it's due: Snatched parts of the "Installing Binaries" from
>> Ben's github page.
>> 2) Overrode Yash's changes in the wiki homepage. (Sorry...)
>> 3) I'm having trouble compiling on Eclipse based on the instructions in
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DRILL/Sources+and+Setting+Up+Development+Environment..
Left it like that anyways as it could just be me and my setup. I'll test