drill-dev mailing list archives

From Ravisankar Sivasubramaniam <rasiv...@live.in>
Subject RE: incubator-drill/sqlline for Windows platform
Date Sun, 22 Dec 2013 04:31:26 GMT
Michael,
That is very helpful.  Let me update the FAQ page with this url.  Is there a *New Hire* Page?
 If no, it will be a good idea to create one and add this to it.  I can document everything
that was useful for me in that page.

Regards,Ravi
> Subject: Re: incubator-drill/sqlline for Windows platform
> From: michael.hausenblas@gmail.com
> Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 17:26:55 +0000
> To: drill-dev@incubator.apache.org
>

> > For some reason I couldn't access the apache drill mail archive and so couldn't
search the archives for similar questions - my apologies if this question has been asked before.

> Did you try http://search-hadoop.com/Drill already?
>
> Cheers,
> 		Michael
>
> --
> Michael Hausenblas
> Ireland, Europe
> http://mhausenblas.info/
>
> On 21 Dec 2013, at 15:48, Ravisankar Sivasubramaniam <rasivasu@live.in> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I started following the instructions at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DRILL/Compiling+Drill+from+source.
 When I come to the part "Run the interactive Drill shell" (./sqlline -u jdbc:drill:schema=parquet-local
-n admin -p admin), find that the script has been written for *nix only.  As I am working
on Windows 7, should I execute a different file or follow a different set of instruction?
 For some reason I couldn't access the apache drill mail archive and so couldn't search the
archives for similar questions - my apologies if this question has been asked before.
> > Would you please let me know how I can resolve this issue in Windows 7?  In case
change is required for the document / script file generation logic, I can take that up with
one of your guidance.