drill-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <julianh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First stab at PigLatin support for Drill
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2014 20:21:56 GMT
On Oct 8, 2014, at 12:12 PM, Yash Sharma <yash360@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Have used couple of Hacks for it though:
>> - Downgrading Sqlline to 1.0.9 to get Jline 1.0 back (which is compatible
>> with Pig) (to be fixed at Pig's end)

I have a solution to that one.

I encountered a very similar issue when I was trying to add an updated sqlline into Hive.
I created a fork of jline called jline2 that can co-exist with jline. (Actually it’s just
a re-packagaging with a different maven artifactId.) And I created a version of sqlline that
depends on it.

See https://github.com/julianhyde/hive/commits/sqlline-8 and https://github.com/julianhyde/jline2.

>>  Also added a note to Pig's JIRA:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-3851
>> - Removed exec/jdbc-all module : Was throwing Obscufation Error
>>

>> Couple of things done for now:
>> - extending the PigServer to expose the Pig's logical plan (Hacky for now.
>> Need to find better solution)
>> - converting Pig logical plan to Drill logical plan using the
>> LogicalPlanBuilder
>> - Exposing via Drill Rest Interface
>> - Only supports Pig Load and Store operators for now.

At some point I plan to create a PigLatin front-end to Optiq (see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-4107).
Then it would be straightforward to convert Optiq to Drill.

This would be much less hacky than what you propose above.

Julian