drill-dev mailing list archives

From Aditya <adityakish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill version 0.6.0-incubating
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2014 02:20:25 GMT
I have pushed the 3 patches required for Drill to build and run unit tests
with JDK8 to my private branch [1]. Now all tests are passing on my
machine. Can few more people give it a try?

[1] https://github.com/adityakishore/incubator-drill/tree/JAVA-8-SUPPORT

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 5:54 PM, Tomer Shiran <tshiran@gmail.com> wrote:

> Makes sense. As long as we say what JDK version is supported we are fine.
> We can expand the compatibility matrix in the next release.
>

> > On Oct 3, 2014, at 1:13 PM, Aditya <adityakishore@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I agree. This is not critical enough to sink the RC.
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 1:09 PM, Steven Phillips <sphillips@maprtech.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> We should update the INSTALL.md to correctly reflect that Drill requires
> >> JDK 7.x, not 7+.
> >>
> >> I am disinclined to say that we should roll a new release candidate,
> >> though. But I would be okay with it, if anyone else thinks we should.

LICENSE Files.
binary distributions.
distribution (Embeded
web interface.