drill-dev mailing list archives

From rahul challapalli <challapallira...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Heads up on MapR test framework and file ordering (specifically MD-185 tests)
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 01:50:53 GMT
Jacques,

This is a known pain point. We cannot get away from adding planning tests
which scan more than one file. With many of the existing planning tests we
are verifying one of the following

1. Check the structure of the plan
2. Verify the scanned files to test pruning

Atleast for the second case a simple unordered list (of scanned files)
verification is sufficient. This might eliminate some of the hassle with
ordering files. Thoughts ?

Note : Because we use a regex based verification , its important to match
the "numFiles" option in the plan as well

- Rahul