drill-dev mailing list archives

From rahul challapalli <challapallira...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clarification around MapR test framework data generation
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 02:11:47 GMT
Jacques,

Unfortunately you are not missing anything. There was no drop table support
when these tests were added. So we can only delete them from a script. With
the drop table support in-place you can certainly modify the tests and add
a drop table statement at the end.

 We also have some suites which have CTAS statements in the data gen
scripts. So the script drops and creates the tables required. This is to
avoid running some long running CTAS statements in every single test of the
suite. We at MapR run the data gen step for every single run ( as we still
want to run those CTAS statements).

- Rahul