drill-dev mailing list archives

From Neeraja Rentachintala <nrentachint...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: Request for more feedback on "Support the Ability to Identify And Skip Records" design
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 22:31:10 GMT
Jacques
I have responded to one of your comments on the doc.
can you pls review and comment. I am not clear on the approach you are
suggesting using .drill and what would that mean to user experience. It
would be great if you can add an example.

Similar to other thread (initiated by Julien) we have around being able to
provide file parsing hints from the query itself for self service data
exploration purposes, we need this feature to be fairly light weight from a
user experience point of view. i.e me as a business user got hold of some
external data, want to take a look by running adhoc queries on Drill , I
should be able to do it without having to go through whole setup of .drill
etc which will come later as the data is 'operationalized'

thanks
-Neeraja